Check when your MOT is due
Professional MOT mechanics working out of a DVSA approved garage
Book your MOT with Autosave today in Ogmore Vale. Our mechanics are fully qualified with years of experience in the motor trade. The MOT is an annual test required for any vehicle over 3 years of age from its date of registration. Primarily a visual inspection one of our qualified MOT technicians will take a good look around your vehicle with particular focus on the safety and emissions features of your vehicle.
If your vehicle fails its MOT and requires repair work to get it through we can arrange repairs at our workshop in Ogmore Vale for you. We will provide a quote and will not undertake repairs without your consent first.
What is the MOT Test?
In the UK all vehicles over three years old that are used on the roads must undergo an MOT Test. This is an annual test of a vehicle’s safety, roadworthiness and exhaust emissions. Not having a valid MOT certificate may result in a £1000 Fine!
During an MOT Test the examiner will check many areas of the vehicle, including bodywork, emissions and safety features. A few of the items that are checked are shown below:
- Lighting and Signalling Equipment (Inc fog lamps & reversing lights)
- Steering (including suspension)
- Tyres and Road Wheels
- Seat Belts
- Body, Structure and General Items
- Exhaust, Fuel and Emissions
- Drivers View of the Road
- Noise suppression material
- Undertray security
- Emission control equipment:
- Engine malfunction indicator lamp
- Diesel particulate filter (DPF) tampering
- Fluid leaks - engine, transmission and so on
Contact our MOT experts today on 01656 856263 or send us a message using our Contact form.